Hello! :]

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Brush review

My Makeup Brush Reviews

*Updated*

In this topic I will review every makeup brushes I own. Don't expect any Mac or high end brushes since their too expensive for me. I only own affordable ones, the only high ends I have are the Lancome ones but I got them for cheap at Marshalls (thats right Lancome at Marshalls for cheap!).

I am happy with these brushes I own they work good enough and I had these for a while. Some I never use because they came in a set.

Ok on to the review...

Click on the images for a bigger view.

As for rating 10/10 meaning the highest and 1/10 meaning the lowest and so on...

Face Brushes:


1 & 2: "Coastal Scents Stippling brush" got them at Coastalsscents.com. They are excellent for liquid foundation but this brand sheds a lot when I use liquid, a good one is Mac 187 brush. I only use these two for powder highligters, powder foundation and Blush. Their coverage is very light, these brush are great for a sheer coverage or if you want to go for a natural look.
Rating: 6/10 they shed a lot

3: "Flirt! Stippling brush" got them at Kohls. Same comments apply for 1 & 2 except it doesn't shed and its a little smaller. Good for small areas.
Rating: 8/10 the bristles are too flimsy

4: "Lancome stippling brush" got them at Marshalls, it came in a set. I have not use this brush yet lol
Rating: n/a

5: "Eco-Tools powder brush" got this at Ulta, can also find them at Target. I use this for my finishing powder, this is a really good brush very soft, it doesn't shed and did I mention its eco friendly?!?? (Ashley if your reading this, this is the perfect brush for you since your such a tree hugger lol). I will definitly repurchase this brush in the future, although I wish the powder brush were a little fatter since their kinda flat.
Rating 10/10

6: "Sonia Kashuk Powder Brush" got this at Target. I don't use this brush as often as I use to before I found the eco-tools powder. This brush is okay soft and it doesn't shed.
Rating: 9/10 its a little pokey if thats the word lol

7: "Posh mini powder brush" got this at poshbrushes.com, you can also get it at Kmart. This came in their mini travel set. I don't use this brush but its great for traveling and very soft.
Rating: 10/10

8: "Posh Contouring Brush" got this at poshbrushes.com, you can also get it at Kmart. This came in a super set. I don't use this because its a contouring brush, its perfect for bronzer users.
Rating: n/a

9: "Posh Finishing Powder Brush" got this at poshbrushes.com, you can also get it at Kmart. This came in a super set. Its use for finishing powder but I never used it.
Rating: n/a

10: "Sephora brand powder brush" got this at Sephora. I use this as a blush brush even though it says powder. I find this a perfect size for me to put on my blushes, not as soft but its ok. Doesn't shed
Rating: 9/10 okay soft

11: "Coastal Scents Flat top Brush" got this at Coastalscents.com. Very soft but it does shed quite a lot. I use to use this a lot until I found a different brush to replace it (will mention later which one).
Rating 8/10 it sheds

12: "Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki" got this a everydayminerals.com. Super soft and it doesn't shed ever! This is my most favorite face brush out of all. It gives me a smooth and even coverage when I'm applying powder foundation or minerals. I bought another of this brush as a back up. If something works really why not buy another?
Rating: 10/10! You must get this!

13: "Essence of Beauty Foundation Brush" got this at CVS. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this I never used it. However its very soft and good for liquid foundation.
Rating: n/a

14: "Posh Mini Foundation Brush" got this at poshbrushes.com, you can also get this at Kmart. This came in a mini travel set. This is a good brush, I use this for liquid or cream foundation. Very soft and it doesn't shed.
Rating: 10/10


Eyeshadow Brush


1 & 2: "Eyeshadow Brush" Forgot the name of the brand but I got it at Target. This is a good eyeshadow brush, not too big so its a perfect size for my lid and its really affordable!
Rating: 9/10 it doesn't hold a lot of color but its good

3: "Lancome eyeshadow brush" Got this at Marshalls, it came in a set. I haven't use this yet.
Rating: n/a

4: "Posh mini eyeshadow brush" got this at poshbrushes.com, you can also get this at Kmart. This came in a mini travel set. Its very flimsy and doesn't hold mush color. Soft but I don't find myself reaching for this.
rating: 7/10

5: "L'oreal Hip Pigment brush" This came with the L'oreal HIP Shadow Pigments, you can get them at any drugstores. Surprisingly this is a pretty decent brush, I find myself reaching for these more then my other shadow brushes.
Rating: 9/10 wish it was softer


Eyeshadow Crease Brushes


1: "Coastal Scent Crease brush" got it at Coastalscents.com. In their website the brush look small but when I got them they were really huge to be as a crease brush! So I use this to blend my shadow colors together instead and its works well.
Rating: 10/10

2: "Sonia Kashuk Crease Brush" got this at Target.com. This is a good crease brush and my favorite crease brush so far. Soft and it doesn't shed.
Rating: 9/10 a little too big

3: "Lancome big Crease Brush" got this at Marshalls, it came in a set. Its soft but too flimsy so I can't get a lot of color in this brush.
Rating: 6/10

4 & 5: "Posh and Essence of Beauty Crease Brush" got them at poshbrushes.com and CVS. Both are equally the same, its good to create small crease and packs a lot of color on.
Rating: 10/10

6: "Lancome crease brush" got them at Marshalls as a set. Same usage as 4 & 5 but a little stiffer so it creates a really hard line and not easy to blend colors.
Rating: 6/10 wish it was softer

7 & 8: "Posh and Essence of Beauty Small Crease Brush" got them at poshbrushes.com and CVS. Both works create to get shadows on the inner corner of your eyes since their really small.
Rating: 10/10



Eyeliner Brushes


1: "Sonia Kashuk Angle Liner Brush" got this at Target. This is a good brush, I love how its in a angle so its easy to apply liner. However I'm not use to using this type of brush to line my eyes so I don't use it as often. But its good
Rating: 10/10

2: "Random Paint Brush use as liner" got this at Micheals Art Supplies. Never used it, dunno why I got this lol
Rating: n/a

3: "Lancome Angle liner brush" got this at Marshalls as a set. Its really soft and good size, the bad size is that it has too many bristles in the brush so its hard to make thin lines.
Rating: 9/10 Its too thick!

4: "Posh Liner Brush" got this at poshbrushes.com or you can get it at Kmart. This is my favorite liner brush so far. I can control how thick or thin lines I wanted, its not flimsy or thick.
Rating: 10/10 its perfect!

5: "Posh flat liner brush" got this at poshbrushes.com or you can get it at kmart. Its soft but its way too big!
Rating: 7/10 wish it was smaller

6: "Jane angle brush" This came with Jane's gel liner, you can get them at rite aid. This is a pretty good brush, very soft but I have not used it yet,
Rating: n/a

7: "Revlon Liner brush" This came with Revlon's cream liner, you can get them at any drugtore but they are limited edition. A little too small but its perfect to create really thin lines.
Rating: 9/10 not as soft


Concealer Brushes


1, 2, 3: "All Posh concealer brush in different sizes" got them at poshbrushes.com Tell you the truth I don't use brushes when I put on concealers, I just use my ring finger, its much easier to blend =] But these would be perfect to use for cream shadows and such.
Ratings: n/a


Kabuki Brushes


1: "Posh Retractable Kabuki" got this at poshbrushes.com, you can also get it at kmart. This is a good travel powder brush. Its really soft!
Rating: 10/10

2: "Coastal Scents pink kabuki" got this at coastalscents.com. Its a pretty okay brush, not as soft so it gets pokey on your skin.
Rating: 9/10

3: "Unknown brand kabuki brush" I got from Marshalls. I bought this because its super soft, its just as soft as the everdayminerals flat top brush I review earlier.
rating: 10/10

4: "Posh Kabuki Brush" got this at poshbrushes.com, can also get it at kmart. Its super soft and really big and fluffy. Although it does sheds a lot so I stop using it.
rating: 9/10


Overview
I'm happy with these brushes, they work for me. The best brushes I recommend is definitely everydayminerals and posh brushes because their good quality. Coastal Scents is a hit or a miss some are good and some are okay. Someday when I have a good job I would spoil myself for some Mac brushes. For now these do the job for me =]

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

ad