Hello! :]

Friday, October 1, 2010

Review: Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Concealer

Price: Around $6.50 depending on where
Where to Buy: Any Drugstores




What Maybelline Says:
SuperStay™ 24HR Concealer provides natural-looking coverage that lasts all day
Conceals imperfections, flaws, undereye darkness and circles
24-hour wear, No Transfer
Oil-Free, non-comedogenic, dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, fragrance-free.

My Review:
I purchase this concealer because at one point it had a lot of hype and since I'm still on a search for a perfect concealer I thought I should get this a try since I purchased it when it was on sale for 40% off at Rite Aid a while ago. The concealer came out at the same time Maybelline release the Superstay foundation which I really like but unfortunately this concealer did not work for me.

What I like about it: The coverage is good, it can go from medium to heavy coverage which is good for a drugstore brand, its very blendable and easy to work with and the shade selections are good.




What I dislike about it: I'm really dry under my eyes so I have to keep it moisturize as much as I could with a eye cream, however when I apply this concealer an hour later it started to flake and dry up under my eyes which looked really noticeable even though I had already apply eye cream underneath.

Overall I was disappointed with this concealer, anyone with oily skin would like it, I have yet to try it on acne/blemishes but I don't think I would since those areas are usually the driest and the concealer would not help. Since its very drying on my under eyes perhaps I should try it as my eyeshadow primer since I have oily eyelids.

Would I buy this again?: no
Rating: 2/5

Disclaimer:
This is purchase by my own money. Any opinions that I may have expressed in this post are from my own personal experience with the product. I have no affiliation with the company that makes it and did not receive money mentioning or using it. Visit my FAQ & Disclaimer page for more info.
.
.

No comments:

ad