Hello! :]

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How To: Depotting NYX Trios


I will be showing you how to depot these NYX trios. I like putting my eyeshadows in palette because I find myself using palettes more often then single shadows, I'm slowing giving away my single eyeshadows to people and some if I can depotting them into palettes.

What you'll need:
-Lighter
-Tea Light Candle
-Knife or a thin sharp object
-Magnet tape (you can find them at craft supply stores)
-Empty Platte, you can use one from MAC or purchase it in ebay just type "Empty Eyeshadow Palette"

Warning: Be very careful when handling sharp objects and when lighting the candle


Step 1: Poke the knife into the edge, once you get the knife in carefully lift up the top.



This step is tricky so be patient, this is what happens when you're not careful :(


Step 2: Light up the tealight and hold the trio over the candle, hold it for 1 minute, this should soften the glue.




Step 3: Now take the knife and try to poke into a area that has a big gap and gently lift the pan, you should able to lift the pan with no pressure, if you can't put it over the candle once more to soften the glue.


Step 4: All depotted :)


Step 5: Take a magnetic tape and cut them into pieces and stick them on the pan.




Finish!

These are some of my other eyeshadows mixed in.

If you have any questions drop them in my comments, thanks for reading!
.
.

2 comments:

Justine (Productrater) said...

nice. I have lots of trios that I should depot.

Yuna said...

@Justine: oh yeah the little palettes were getting too cluttered in my storage so I had to put them together in palettes and make my stash as small as I can lol

ad