Hello! :]

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Review: The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes Palette 06

Review: The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes Palette 06



Price: $22 USD
Size: 0.14oz
Where to buy?: The Body Shop stores or online

What The Body Shop Says
* Light-diffusing particles and pearl pigments provide shimmer to highlight skin and help to disguise fine lines.
* Community Trade marula oil from Namibia helps to condition skin over time and restore skin’s moisture barrier.
* Convenient, lightweight pack is fully recyclable and provides four cubes in one. Carry the full palette or your favorite color for easy on-the-go application.

My Review:
When I was at The Body Shop stores and saw this the packaging of this palette really interested me because of its unique way of packing individual eyeshadow cubes.



As I swatch it right away I knew the pigmentation wasn't that great but I needed a shadow for everyday wear with the perfect amount of shimmers to brighten my eyes but not too rich to make it noticeable so this palette was a win! Although its not pigmented but with a good eyeshadow base or apply them wet would make it pop of course.


Without base


With a base

I love how they are individually packed so I can customize other colors from different palettes and its very safe to travel them with you. The shimmers are very settle so you don't have to worry about huge chunk of glitters, for me I'm a shimmer/glitter junkie so it wouldn't matter to me. As for the lasting power of course on my lids no such eyeshadow can last all day without a eyeshadow base. So if you looking for a eyeshadow thats suitable for everyday wear with shimmers these are for you, that is if you don't mind putting out $22 lol.

Texture is "ok" its not creamy so don't expect to glide on very smoothly, its a little in a grainy side

Rating: 4/5 more pigmentation would be nice and smoother texture but I don't mind
Would I buy this again?: Yes

thanks for reading!

2 comments:

blushingpossum said...

Great post! I just wrote a review about this lovely product -- considering that I had it for 3 years now. It's my HG neutral shimmer shadows!

Yuna said...

@blushingpossum: I love it too! The packaging do get annoying now that I have it for even longer lol

ad