Hello! :]

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Review: L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm

L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm

If you notice L'oreal H.I.P products are related to MAC, such as the eyeshadow paints, shadow sticks and pigments. So when I saw the jelly balm on the magazine I instantly thought of MAC's limited collection Tendertones


I bought it at CVS for $8.99 USD since walmart and target haven't carry that product yet

Please click on the images for a larger view


As you can see both come in the same glass jar, I got MAC Tendertones in Sweet Tooth and L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Savory.


If you own a L'oreal HIP cream liner, the jelly balm is in the exact container as the cream liner.




Most MAC tendertones have shimmer in it, few are matte (no shimmer) but all of the L'oreal HIP Jelly balm are matte.

The Scent:
The MAC Tendertones usually have a sweet candy scent to it while L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm has a caramel scent.

Texture:
Both are non sticky and last for a while.

SPF??:
MAC Tendertones have SPF 12 while L'oreal Hip Jelly Balm has none

Price:
MAC Tendertones cost $14.50 USD, L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm cost around $8.00 USD depending on where you get them.

The results:
In my opinion I find both very similar aside from shimmer and SPF but you can always put on a SPF lip balm before applying the Jelly Balm. So if you missed out on the MAC Tendertones the L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm is a great alternative!

Hope this helps! Thanks for reading! any questions please drop it in my comment box =]

No comments:

ad