Hello! :]

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Review: Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10% Glycolic AHA

Where to purchase: Ulta stores or at their website and sometimes I've seen it at TJ Maxx or Marshalls. 
Price: Around $10.99 depending on where you purchase

What Alpha Hydrox says:
Proven to significantly reduce and delay the onset of fine lines, wrinkles, forehead creases, crows' feet, laugh lines and more. With 10% Glycolic AHA at an effective pH 4, Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion effectively and safely lifts dead cells from the skin's surface, revitalizing and helping restore younger, healthy, more radiant-looking skin. Renews moisture, refines texture, improves elasticity and skin tone.

How To Use:
Cleanse with Alpha Hydrox Nourishing Cleanser or Foaming Face Wash and apply a sheer layer of Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion to face and neck (do not rinse off).  Follow with Alpha Hydrox Sheer Silk Moisturizer with SPF15 (daytime) or Night Replenishing Cream or Oxygenated Moisturizer (evening).


Ingredients (From their site)
Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, PEG-40 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Myristyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cellulose Gum, Sorbic Acid, BHT, Imidazolidinyl Urea  

My Review:
This lotion was my winter must have this year due to my dry acne skin and I feel that it really helped control my acne and keeping my skin stay hydrated and smooth.  

Before using this lotion at one point the area around my mouth was getting really dry and flaky due to seasonal changes from fall to winter so I started using this product and put it to the test.  After 2 days of using it the dry area was completely gone and my skin was feeling smooth again.  That's when I found my new favorite winter item, although the Missha Golden Snowflake Overnight Cream will always be my favorite as well :D

Not only did it helped with my dry skin it also prevent them from getting breakouts mostly on my chin area.

Now that it's getting close to summer and my skin is getting oily they also have the gel formula that also work the same and just as good (LINK)

Packaging:
It comes in a matte plastic squeeze bottle which is very hygienic, you don't need to dip your finger inside and contaminate the product.  The amount of product you get is worth it considering the price is a bargain at around $10.99 / 6 oz (177ml).  This will last me quite a while! 

What is Glycolic AHA?
Just like what their website says Glycolic Acid which is form of AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) is a chemical exfoliate, they help to remove the dead skin cells that give skin a rough, dry texture and allow new, smooth skin to emerge.  Some people can’t handle AHA however my skin can handle a higher percentage of AHA, you can start off with a lower percentage and work your way up to see how your skin reacts. 

For further information on what is Glycolic Acid I highly recommend you watch this video (LINK)

Final Thoughts
Although this product work wonders for my skin it doesn't always mean it would work well for you, I've read many mix reviews because some people's skin don't react well with this product.  If you would like to try this product do take caution and do further research.  

Ratings: 5/5
Would I Repurchase?: Yes

Thank you all for reading!  Please follow my blog if you would love to read more reviews in the future. 

 Disclaimer: I purchase this product with my own money, not affiliated with this company at all.  

No comments:

ad